Sunday, December 6, 2009

Goodbye Fall... Hello Winter

When Tim & I were newly married I decorated for each season and holiday. I set our dining table with different dishes and centerpieces for every occasion. I had a huge grapevine tree I decorated with ornaments from Valentines to Christmas and every occasion in between. I cross stitched seasonal samplers to hang above our mantle. Are you getting my drift-I went all out and loved it. Then the real world hit, a little boy and girl and who has the time!
I barely get my Christmas tree up some years and I simply can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone. It makes me sad that I am in such a hurry that some of life's simpler pleasures are passing me by. Although Spring is my favorite season weather wise I have always loved everything associated with Fall. I love the oranges and yellows of the leaves as they change. I love pumpkins, scarecrows, country fairs, flowerpots full of mums, football games, just all things Fall!  I wanted to share some of my favorite Fall pics as this season comes to an end and we welcome Winter.
Of course as usual, all the pics are of Hunter & Hallie! If you wonder why I don't have any pictures of Hunter when he was smaller, we didn't go digital until after Hallie was a baby.  It makes me sad because I have thousands of printed pictures of Hunter when he was smaller but they aren't as easily accessible.  Although I do miss lots of things from the "old days" I do love modern technology!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Although Winter doesn't officially begin until December 21st once the Christmas decorations are up and the temperatures dip in the 20's it's Winter to me! So goodbye Fall and hello Winter!
I know this post may seem out of order but true to the mention of time passing by I started this post the day after Thanksgiving and finished it today! I have now started a post of Christmas pictures let's just hope I finish it before Valentines ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment