Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Mom, Guess Who I Look Up To?"

The other night we were eating dinner when Hunter said "Mom, guess who I look up to?" I immediately knew it would be a sports figure. Hunter eats, sleeps, and breathes football, baseball & basketball. He can name all the players, their stats etc...
Baseball 2006
 
Football 2006
  
Hunter's Favorite sport at the moment 
Basketball 2010

 
So it did not surprise me when the answer to the question was indeed a football player. The person Hunter looks up to is Tim Tebow but not for the reasons you might expect.
Hunter had read my blog post talking about the scriptures that Tim wears and how many people he has influenced for Christ. Hunter said he thought that was so cool. Very cool indeed :-)
When I did that earlier post on Tim I ran across a picture of a church sign that read...
I too feel convicted to pray for Tim Tebow not for his sports accomplishments but for his spiritual walk. I know that Hunter isn't the only young impressionable boy that admires Tim Tebow and I know that means Satan is knocking on his door extra hard.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I totally agree Tim Tebow is such a great role model for impressionable minds to look up to... both boys and girls. My little sister said the other day, "I want to marry a man just like Tim Tebow." And what a good point to remember to keep him in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete